Official Website of the Arctic Thunder Open House
This site is run by the 2018 JBER Arctic Thunder Open House planning team. It will provide the most up-to-date event information to enhance your overall experience. Please check back regularly for updates and changes.
MEET THE PERFORMERS
USAF ThunderbirdsAmerica's Ambassadors In Blue
F-22 DemonstrationUSAF ACC F-22 Demo Team
C-17 Demonstration TeamUSAF PACAF C-17 Demo Team
Red BullKirby Chambliss & Red Bull Air Force
JBER officially opens its gates for public entry.
UAS Pre-Show Event
- F-16QQ PNP Unmanned Aircraft Systems Demonstrator
- National Anthem/Opening Ceremony (Flag Jumpers - US, AK, POW/MIA)
- Jon Melby & Will Allen's Opening and Acro Squirrel Cage Act
- Anthony Oshinuga
- Kent Pietsch's Comedy Act
- Warbird Fly-By the Commemorative Air Force & Wings of Freedom
- AV-8B Tactical Demo
- Joint Force Demonstration
- Nathan Hammond & GhostWriter
- Short Take-Off and Landing Demo, Super Cub &
- Kent Pietsch's Truck Top Landing
- F-16 Single Ship Demo
- Will Allen's Rock & Roll Act
- Greg Colyer & Ace Maker II
- C-17 Single Ship Demo
- Jon Melby's Extreme Acro Act
- F-22 Single Ship Demo
- Kent Pietsch's Deadstick Act
- Red Bull - Kirby Chambliss & Red Bull Air Force
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds
Open House Concludes
- Arctic Thunder ends & JBER resets for the next scheduled day.
**Please check back regularly for updates and changes.**
FREE ADMISSION & PARKING
Arctic Thunder General Public Entry
- Gate # 1 - Boniface Parkway
- Gate # 2 - Fort Richardson via D Street Exit
For those arriving from North of Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (Eagle River or the Valley), please enter through the Fort Richardson Gate via D Street Exit. For those arriving from Anchorage or South of Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, please enter through the Boniface Gate via Boniface Parkway.
You will be directed to FREE general parking after entry.
From 7:30 a.m. to noon, the Boniface Gate will have three lanes inbound and one lane outbound.
After 2 p.m., no open house traffic will be allowed through Boniface Gate or Richardson Gate.
*Individuals with children are requested to pick up arm bands at Entry Control Points or in Hangar 2.
*Handicap parking is available for vehicles with the proper identification and markings.
For additional information about premium seating and corporate tents please click below for more information.